Companion Care in Woodbridge and McLean VA
Studies have shown that aging adults who live alone are more prone to feelings of isolation and separation from family, friends and society in general. Often, such isolation leads to depression. Companionship services provided by OptimumCare Home Care Services reduce the risk of you or a loved one experiencing such isolation and depression.
Many of us can’t be with our loved one every day. We have our own work and family obligations. Sometimes, a phone call isn’t enough, nor are quick visits to help with errands, finances, or household chores. At times like this, companionship services are an ideal solution.
When it comes to companion services, OptimumCare Home Care Services staff offer not only companionship and conversation, but also:
- Transportation for medical or dental visits
- Outings and short day trips
- Visiting friends and neighbors
- Monitoring dietary needs and eating habits
- Meal preparation, including coupon clipping, grocery list creation, and organizing recipes
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with personal tasks including clothing selection, and what we call “wake up” as well as “bedtime” services
- Organizing, writing out, and mailing bills and letters
- Light housekeeping
No one likes to be alone all the time. Companion services can help relieve family concerns about an elderly loved one who lives alone. Interaction with others helps seniors maintain cognitive ability, focus, and overall health and wellness. Our companion services are also happy to engage our clients in activities that include but are not limited to:
- Renting and watching movies
- Conversation regarding current as well as past events
- Games or activities that stimulate mental activity
- Playing board games or card games
Whether such services are required for an hour a day or several hours a day, OptimumCare Home Care Services provides companionship services that keep your loved one connected to others. Mental stimulation is as important as physical mobility and movement.
Family members and caregivers are often unable to provide such interaction with their loved ones due to other obligations. While physical support and help is important, so too is mental and emotional wellness for seniors. We can fill those gaps with compassionate, friendly, and trained individuals experienced in providing options for seniors based on their preferences, likes, and ideas.
Stay stimulated, even if you or a loved one lives alone. To learn more about our companion services, give us a call today at 703-490-8003. Or, contact us on line for home health care services in Woodbridge and McLean VA.