Medical Social Service
One way a Medical Social Worker can help a patient (and family members) is in assisting with Hospital Discharge. It all starts here – and your medical social worker will plan out the services that will ensure you receive continuous care after you leave hospital premises.
Medical Social Workers assist in the Development of the Care Plan and they also offer support for emotional adjustments to lifestyle changes affecting the patient and the family members.
Other ways that your medical social worker can help include:
- Counseling Sessions with the Patient
- Rehabilitation Guidance and Support
- Alternative Living Arrangements
- Resources for Healthcare Policy
- Advance Directives
- Facility-Based Care Placement (if necessary)
- Health Crisis Intervention
Would you like to request for a consultation with a Medical Social Worker? Call 703-490-8003 and set a schedule.