According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, epilepsy is one of the most common childhood brain disorders in the United States. It can be caused by anything that injures the brain, including head injuries, infections, or brain development problems before birth. However, some cases of seizures are controllable with medication and treatment. Others may struggle throughout their lives.
If your child has this condition, here are some tips to support and encourage him.
- Learn as much as you can about epilepsy. You can ask your doctors or browse through the web. We also offer skilled nursing in McLean, Virginia, to help you deal with your child’s condition.
- Help your child make friends. You can encourage sports, arts, and other areas.
- Help others in your child’s life understand epilepsy. Explain epilepsy to your friends, relatives, teachers, and others to keep a safe and comfortable environment for your child.
- Let your child take medication on time every day. You can get companion services in Fredericksburg, Virginia, to help you monitor your child’s medication intake.
- Make sure your child gets enough sleep to lower the risk of seizures. Also, always schedule regular checkups to monitor your child’s health.
Pediatric care is essential for children with epilepsy. At OptimumCare Home Care Services, we provide quality childcare and home care service in Woodbridge, Virginia. Don’t hesitate to contact us at your convenience to discuss a pediatric care plan with our team.